Hi all,

I'm just trying to write my first Module (actually a filter) for Apache and
made an observation I can't explain.

I have now made an empty skeleton that has some dummy configuration and
a callback function for my filter that I registered as follows:

static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
{
  ap_register_input_filter(tvdldapfilter_name, insert_ldap_headers, NULL,
                           AP_FTYPE_CONTENT_SET);
}

The callback function itself has at the moment no functionality apart from
reading the dummy config and some logging.

I compiled the whole stuff, tested it with apache and it works fine. The only
thing is: according to my logs my filter is called three times (twice with
mode == AP_MODE_READBYTES and once with some other mode). The test page I call
is a simple html-Page with no pictures or additional stuff. Actually it's a
copy from the "It-Works!"-page.

Finally my question: What could be the reason why my filter is called three
times instead of once and is there something I could do about that?

Thanks for any hint
Sven