Sam Carleton wrote:
> When a user logs out of my web application, the application needs to
> do a somewhat time consuming cleanup.  I need Apache to respond in a
> timely fashion to the log out request.  Is there any way to start this
> as a background process in the apache module?
>
> Sam

I could be wrong, but I think Apache will kill off the child (and your
background thread) after a given amount of time.

What might be better for you is to add this to a queue, perhaps via
means of a unix socket (or IP socket) of another process, that does this
work.

--
The 28.8 frame relay to www.panic.net is screwed because of GW Bush.
Tech Support is playing NFL 2k2.