In your command table, when you specify your directive.  The 4th argument of
the macros (eg AP_INIT_TAKE12(...)) specifies where/how your directive can be
placed. See http_config.h for the meanings.

Here is one define from the .h file
#define OR_LIMIT 1           /**< *.conf inside <Directory> or <Location>
                                and .htaccess when AllowOverride Limit */