On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Peter Belau
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to write what I assume will be a connection filter for use with
> mod_proxy in forward proxy mode. I would like the filter to be able to
> selectively chain proxy requests, kind of like ProxyRemote except with far
> more granular control. Can someone give me an idea of where I should start ?

If the implementation of ProxyRemote does everything you need, but it
doesn't allow for dynamic configuration, you should develop a patch
that allows it to call out to another module to determine the next
proxy.

Or, add hooks to let mod_rewrite do it via setting some note.

I don't think you want to be in the business of duplicating this stuff
or trying to subvert the request during an input filter

--
Eric Covener
[EMAIL PROTECTED]