> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 23:14, Joe Nardone <jnard...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Under 2.2, it appears that no matter what I do, the headers and data
>> are being sent in two separate SSL records in the response.  This is
>> true at least for POST requests.
>
> How large are these POST requests, Joe? I ask because SSL_read()
> doesn't support records > 16 kB (which may or may not be the maximum
> size for TLS records - it probably is, but don't take my word for it).
>
> http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_read.html

The request size isn't the problem (and you can have requests larger
than 16k, it's just in more than one data record/fragment).  The
problem is the response -- regardless of response size (even a few
bytes), the headers and data are being sent in separate segments
despite comments in the source indicating this should not occur.  I
have a content-length header, so it's not an issue of chunking.  I
guess I'm going to have to roll my own httpd/mod_ssl with more
debugging and try and unwind this.

joe