On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Anthony J. Biacco
<abia...@formatdynamics.com> wrote:
> I asked a vaguely similar question about a year ago, but this one is a
> little more simplistic in comparison.
>
> Running 2.2.14 on linux, disk caching a servlet's output, not ignoring
> query string as that can change the output, and not using
> cacheignoreheaders.
>
> My problem is, using rewrite rules on such requests don't always get
> triggered.
> For example, if I'm trying to block a browser through a rewrite rule for
> a request to said servlet, sometimes the cache takes over and serves the
> cached output instead of following the rewrite. i.e. sometimes the
> browser will get blocked and sometimes it will get cached content.
> I'm wondering what's the workflow on such a scenario, and how can I
> configure it so the rewrite always gets processed before a cache check,
> if possible.

Trunk has a feature called "CacheQuickHandler" that stops the cache
from short-circuiting all the local processing, but not available in
2.2.x.

The other option you have is to add a Vary header for user-agent, but
that makes you store a ton of different copies in your cache due to
the variety in user-agents.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com