my question - is it possible to write a responsehandler within C?

See any of the response handlers that come with Apache.  They are all
written in C.
--
Ray Morris
supp...@bettercgi.com

http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/

http://www.bettercgi.com/throttlebox/

On 08/18/2010 10:05:12 AM, Peter Janovsky wrote:
i currently have a C module which maps the requested URL to its
appropriate location(s) based upon internal logic and subsequently uses
a subrequest(s) to retrieve the content.  problem is i need to set the
"last-modified" response header based upon the content returned from the subrequest(s).  yesterday i asked this question on the "user support" mailing
list and was told the content my subrequests were sending to the
client triggered the response headers to be sent.  makes perfect sense as the
content is being chunked to the client by apache.

my question - is it possible to write a responsehandler within C?  i'm assuming it is but i am only finding responsehandler examples in Perl.  am i going about this incorrect, is their a subrequest callback (or similiar) i can subscribe to in order to modify the response headers before the first bytes of data are
chunked to the client?  your help is greatly appreciated.

thnx - peter