On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 00:00, Alexander Farber
<alexander.far...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a module using bb (the source code at the bottom)
> and it suffers from the same problem (hijacks the port 80 too).
> Could it be that "SetHandler" is a wrong directive for protocol handler?

The wrong directive, yes. SetHandler handlers work at the request
level, protocol handlers at the connection level.

> Also, I do not know, how to check that the
> "handler is enabled for the current vhost".

>From mod_echo.c:

  static int process_echo_connection(conn_rec *c)
  {
      EchoConfig *pConfig =
ap_get_module_config(c->base_server->module_config, &echo_module);
      if (!pConfig->bEnabled) {
          return DECLINED;
      }

Hope that helps.