I've got a startup design issue with a proxy module for a proprietary
protocol.

Basically, the protocol *requires* that a failed request be reversed -
even if the client doesn't get told the reversal succeeds. If apache
crashes holding an unacknowledged reversal request, then the module
needs to complete the reversal when it starts again. I'd like to do
this ASAP after a restart - which means at some point during
initialization rather than waiting for the first request from a
client.

Is there some sane place during system initialization to hang this? Or
should I just punt, and wait for the first client request to come in?

       Thanks,
       <mike
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/consulting.html