On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 18:41, Joe Lewis <jle...@silverhawk.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 12:32 -0400, Shawn Ligocki wrote:

>> > That is really how it should be.  A second header of the same name isn't
>> > really allowed in the specification.
>>

>> I believe the HTTP spec does allow multiple Set-Cookie HTTP headers:
>>
>> From RFC 2616, Section
>> 4.2<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2616.html#rfc.section.4.2.p.5>
>> :
>>
>> Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name *may* be present in
>> > a message if and only if the entire field-value for that header field is
>> > defined as a comma-separated list [i.e., #(values)]. It *must* be possible
>> > to combine the multiple header fields into one "field-name: field-value"
>> > pair, without changing the semantics of the message, by appending each
>> > subsequent field-value to the first, each separated by a comma. The order
>> > in
>> > which header fields with the same field-name are received is therefore
>> > significant to the interpretation of the combined field value, and thus a
>> > proxy *must not* change the order of these field values when a message is
>> > forwarded.
>

> Sorin, there is your answer.  Set the header to a single value
> containing both cookies.  Thanks, Shawn!

Thanks, I've tried, but it does not work.

First, Firefox seems to simply ignore the second cookie. I do
"Set-Cookie: a=1,b=2" and I see only a=1 in my cookie collection.

Second, there's the problem with "expires". Typically its syntax is
"Mon, 15-Aug-2011 10:00:00 GMT", i.e. it contains a comma. So I think
that Set-Cookie does not satisfy the condition "It *must* be possible
to combine the multiple header fields into one "field-name:
field-value" pair, without changing the semantics of the message"

Sorin