On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:12:31AM +0200, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> As per Igor's advice, I'm forwarding this message to the dev@ and
> modules-dev@ lists as well:
>
> Hello all httpd document lovers,
> As per our nifty little STATUS document, it came to my attention that we
> were missing an introductory segment on how to develop simple modules
> for httpd 2.4, so I took the liberty of drawing up a proposal for what
> we could put in place for this request. The draft is located at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html and I would
> much appreciate it if you guys could give me some feedback on whether
> this will fit in as an, at least for the time being, appropriate
> document to describe how to develop modules for the server.
>
> I plan to expand on the subject, probably add another 10 pages or so,
> during the summer, as well as letting it into the 2.4 fold, provided I
> get positive feedback from this mailing list.
>
> So, please do read the document and tell me what you think :)
> Any suggestions, critique etc you might have will be warmly accepted.
>
> With regards,
> Daniel.

More comments: first, it might be a matter of style (or good habbits)
but i think you should cast void pointers to the correct type in your
code. So:

 example_config* base = BASE ;

should be:

 example_config* base = (example_config*) BASE ;

A real bug?

  strcpy(conf->path, strlen(add->path) ? add->path : base->path);

Don't you mean strncpy here?
BTW, 'char path[256];' is pretty dangerous, there are OS/Compiler
constants that provide the operating sytem's max path length.

Cheers, RalfD