---- oh...@cox.net wrote:

> ---- Joe Lewis <j...@joe-lewis.com> wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I was able to get the segfault to go away.  Here's what I had to do:
> > >
> > > - Created /etc/ld.so.conf.d/my.conf, and added the directory where my
> > > libobaccess.so was
> > > - Run 'ldconfig' to activate.
> > > - In the apxs command, DON'T include the -L and -l arguments
> > >
> > > After that, Apache appears to start ok, without segfault :)!!
> > >
> > > Thanks for all of the great help, esp. the suggestion about checking
> > > "ldconfig -p".  I still don't understand why, but I'm just glad that I
> > > can get past this piece so now I can debug my module :)...
> > >
> > > Later,
> > > Jim
> > I'm just glad this list is as good as it is!
> >
> > FYI, the ldconfig is the dynamic linker control, and those
> > /etc/ld.so.conf.d files provide additional search directories for the
> > linker to check in when loading a library.
> >
> > Joe
> > --
> > http://www.silverhawk.net/
>

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to report, but my earlier report was a "false positive" :)...
>
> I forgot that the mod_headers.c that I was doing the earlier testing with had
> all references to the libobaccess.so removed :(!!
>
> So, I'm still stuck with basically the same problem, now, working with my
> "full" code, with the calls in it:
>
> - If I compile with -L and -l, Apache segfaults when it starts
>
> - If I compile without -L and -l, then I get "undefined symbol" errors when I
> try to start Apache, e.g.:
>
> [root@apachemodule build-mod_headers]# /apps/httpd2222/bin/apachectl -k start
> -X
> httpd: Syntax error on line 84 of /apps/httpd2222/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot
> load /apps/httpd2222/modules/mod_headers.so into server:
> /apps/httpd2222/modules/mod_headers.so: undefined symbol:
> ObResource_isProtected
>
> That "ObResource_isProtected" should be a symbol in libobaccess.so, and in
> fact, if I do "nm --dynamic", I get:
>
> [root@apachemodule build-mod_headers]# nm --dynamic
> /apps/netpoint/lib64/libobaccess.so | grep "ObResource_isProtected"
> 00000000000a6d80 T ObResource_isProtected
> [root@apachemodule build-mod_headers]#
>

> I'm *assuming* that the reason for the "undefined symbol" error is that
> libobaccess.so is actually not being loaded, but then when I try to load
> libobaccess.so, either via -L and -l in the apxs, or using LoadFile in
> httpd.conf, I get the segfault (same gdb info, BTW).
>
> Catch-22?
>
> Sorry for the false alarm :(!!
>
> Jim

Hi,

Also, BTW, now that I have the ld.so.conf.d setup, I can do "ldconfig -p" and
get:

[root@apachemodule build-mod_headers]# ldconfig -p | grep libob
        libobaccess.so (libc6,x86-64) => /apps/netpoint/lib64/libobaccess.so

The library TYPE ("libc6") is the same with other .so files that are use, e.g.,
the libssl*.so, when I list them with ldconfig.

Sill don't understand why loading that libobaccess.so causes Apache to segfault
:(...

Jim