I've written a module which I believe to be thread-safe but appears to be
doing something which I have put down to a lack of thread safety in pool
management (somewhere).

Before I tear my hair out here, my module is running with apache 2.2.22
and mpm-prefork on Ubuntu. Do the thread primatives actually do anything in
mpm-prefork? I'm using apr_thread_create to create a thread, then
providing a separate allocator, mutex, pool and similar (all as
recommended). But if the mutex stuff is 'optimised out' of my apr
library - specifically the pool stuff - all this will be in vain.

--
Alex Bligh