Is there a hook that runs after a response is sent to client but before the
process (prefork execution model) is queued up to take another request?

We have a module that, as part of its job, is to accept uploaded files and
stash them away at a special place.  I would like to add functionality such
that the uploaded file also gets sent to 1 or more other servers for backup
purposes.  However, I don't want the client to have to wait for all of those
distribution events before it gets told that everything is OK.  If there is no
hook that would work for this, is it safe to spawn a pthread to simply send the
file elsewhere then die?

any suggestions welcome.

alan