If you feel there are outright bugs or deficiencies either in the
functionality or the implementation of the File::Path::{mk,rm}tree,
you are welcome to submit patches.

If you choose this, ahem, path, please note that because we are
talking about a standard module you must read lightly: existing
interfaces/functionality CANNOT be changed (nor removed).  However,
they can be extended, with good taste and in moderation (without
moderation we end up talking about a new external module, just as you
originally proposed).

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen