Hi

My name is
Jakob Schmidt

My email is
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I've set up a rudimentary homepage (which may grow in time):
http://aut.dk/orqwood

I would like my user-ID on CPAN to be:
SUMUS
if possible

What I'm planning to contribute:
I've made a module with the working name "DWH_File". It uses a *_File module
as engine to store deep, wide and complex datastructures in DMB files. Though
this sounds a bit like the same thing as the MLDBM modue does, there are some
significant differences in the way the effect is achieved and in the ways
the modules can be used. DWH_File does not use serialization of the data
(see the docs (at http://aut.dk/orqwood/dwh/dwh_pod.html#COMPETITION) for
a little more of an explanation or the article
"DWH_File vs. MLDBM (Was: Re: What happened?)"
posted 22 Jan 2000 23:11:30 +0100 in comp.lang.modules for an example of
the differences in behaviour between DWH_File and MLDBM).

DSLI entry for DWH_File:
adpO DBM storage of complex data and objects

DWH_File has been discussed in comp.lang.perl.modules - though not at great
length. It was my impression that if it turned out to be as good as it sounded
there would be an interest.

The name DWH_File is my working name for the module. If for some reason you
think that a different name would be more appropriate I'd like to know. The
DWH stands for "deep and wide hash" and I use the _File suffix because the
module is used in a way which is very similar to the *_File modules.

Another possible name for the module might be something in the Tie:: namespace
since the module is used practically exclusively via the tie() interface. But
then again, so are MLDBM and all the *_File modules...

best regards
Jakob Schmidt