At 18.12 +0200 2000.05.17, Armin Obersteiner wrote:
>hi!
>
>i have a pause account (user: fonkie) an uploaded the file.
>
>http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=CDDB-0.9
>
>shows my module, but another author ???!!!
>why?
>
>did i do anything wrong? (i'm a first-timer)

Yes.  You uploaded a module that already existed.  I do not know why CDDB
is listed under Michael Koehne, though.  Rocco Caputo is the author of CDDB:

    http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/authors/id/R/RC/RCAPUTO/

>how to find a good place in the namespace tree?

Well, look on CPAN or at search.cpan.org to see if it already exists.

Although this seems like it may be a PAUSE bug; I thought that no one could
upload "DistName-\d+.\d+.tar.gz" if DistName already belonged to another
author.

--
Chris Nandor       |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     http://pudge.net/
Andover.Net        | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://slashcode.com/