I intend to reveal the perldoc rewrite to the World today.  I've
got all the componentry abstracted out into progmods now.  Mostly,
really, I just need to add documentation and cobble together at
least the vestiges of a makefile so that people have a chance of
getting it working on their system.

I can't really make out how to make makemaker make me a makefile
that will handle these progmods that I've made.  I bet I can't do
it trivially.  A "progmod" is

    1) an executable perl script
    2) a C<use>-able perl F<.pm> module
    3) its own podpage

Moreover, in the case of #1, some of these would like multiple links
(eg $0 = "docpath" vs $0 = "podpath").

I also have some namespace issues that I need to resolve.  I don't
know where to find a module name for these.   For example, I've got
pmpath, which is a "perl module tool" and can be used as pmpath(1)
the program or as a module via:

    use PM::Tools::pmpath;

but maybe that should be

    use PMTools::pmpath;

or even

    use PMT::pmpath;

Sometimes I wonder whether it shouldn't be

    use PM::Tools qw/pmpath/;

But then I've got things like "podgrep" and "podpath", which are
really more pod tools htan they are perl module tools.  What
about their names?  Right now they're lumped in as

    use PM::Tools::podgrep;
    use PM::Tools::podpath;

But I'm not sure that that's right.  Even making it

    use Pod::Tools::podgrep;
    use Pod::Tools::podpath;

seems weird to me in some way.  Should there be a difference between
pod tools and pm tools?  Should this concept even exist?

Then we have the issue of the tcgrep(1) progmod, which isn't really
a pod tool or a pm (perl module) tool, but rather a PPT (perl power
tools) replacement for the standard grep(1) program.  So I'm currently
saying:

    use PPT::tcgrep;

And then you call the tcgrep() function.

Because it's a PPT standard tool replacement--yet I can't even call
the function grep(), as that's a standard perl keyword I daren't import.

I have a bunch of these progmods now.  I'll mail you some if you
want to see how they work.

--tom