At 18:58 -0500 2000.09.08, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>I'm asking this question from you^Wus naming czars on behalf of Tom C.
>As you (hopefully) noticed, Tom put out the combination of a rewrite
>of the perldoc idea AND pmtools, alpha version, out for further field
>testing.  (see e.g. use.perl.org in case you missed the announcement).
>Now, the namespaces of the modules.  Currently Tom is using PM::Tools,
>which may or may not be a good name, and Tom wants our help.  Please
>take a look at the thing and voice your opinions.

I've been pondering this, and I think Pod::Tools would be a good place for
the POD tools ... but then I couldn't think of a good place for PM and PPT.
Yes, PPT and PM are confusing, but then again, we have precedent for what I
think are far more confusing acronyms as top-level namespaces.

Maybe there could be a Tools::Pod, Tools::PM, Tools::PPT.  But what is a
tool?  What isn't a tool?  I don't think the fact that there are combined
modules and tools necessarily matters, except in the fact that you want to
keep them together.  For instance, if tcgrep were merely a module, you
might put it in File::Grep or something.

How about a Tom::Tools namespace?  :-)

You could do Module::Tools and Pod::Tools.  Maybe PPT could be in
Power::Tools, POSIX::Tools, Unix::Tools?

--
Chris Nandor                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://osdn.com/