Hi there,

I have written a perl module, which I think to be probably useful also
to other people. Now following the registration how-to, for registering
you want to know:

My name: Christoph Appel
Email address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage: http://www.gsi.de/~appel
Preferred user-ID: APPEL or CAPPEL.
Contribution: Module Crypt::ECB
Description, long: This module is a Perl-only implementation of the ECB
crypting mode. In combination with a block cipher such as DES, IDEA or
Blowfish, you can encrypt and decrypt messages of arbitrarily long
length.  The encrypted messages are compatible with the encryption
format used by B<SSLeay>. There is a module Crypt::CBC on CPAN which
implements the CBC mode, but I haven't found an implementation of the
ECB mode. (To be precise: I have found a several years old
implementation in the Cryptix Crypt package, see www.cryptix.org, which
is obviously no longer maintained. Though this package didn't work, so I
wrote my own.)
Description, short: Mdph, ECB mode for Crypt::DES, Blowfish, etc.

I haven't discussed this module publicly, but nonetheless I guess that
it could be useful to many people. Anyone who wants to encode text using
a block cipher (such as DES, IDEA, Blowfish, ...) needs an
implementation of some crypting mode such as CBC, ECB or others (well,
if the text is longer than the supported block size, which is something
like 16 byte). Though CBC should for security reasons be preferred over
ECB, there may be other reasons why you have to use ECB mode. Then you
can use my module. As described above, I haven't found any other working
perl implementation of the ECB mode.

Included in the module is a thorough POD style documentation. I added a
README with installation instructions as well as a Makefile.PL, so the
standard 'perl Makefile.PL, make, make install' will do.

Regards,

Christoph Appel

ECB-1.00.tar.gz