>said:

><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>>
>> > I'm looking at this page:
>>
>> > http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/00modlist.long.html
>> > When I click on the link to HTML::Simple which goes to:
>> > http://search.cpan.org/search?module=HTML::Simple
>> > That page reports "Module 'HTML::Simple' not found"
>> > And yet this page:
>> > http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/01modules.index.html
>> > has a link directly to the Simple.pm file...
>>
>> > I is confused.
>>
>> Don't bother. HTML::Simple does not even hava a manpage, nor a README,
>> nor a Makefile.PL. I believe, it was a preliminary study. Look
>>
>> -r--r--r--    1 root     sys           732 Oct  3  1995
>/home/ftp/pub/CPAN/authors/id/T/TO/TOMC/Simple.pm.gz
>>
>> 732 bytes written in 1995. Just move on.

 > That's what I concluded when I finally found it, but it sure
 > _sounded_ like just what I was looking for.  Should it still
 > be in the module list?  I'll leave that to you.  I'm
 > satisfied.

Great. Abandoning namespaces and files needs to be better supported
for CPAN authors, then we can start pushing things off the various
lists politely. Current state of affairs is, we keep any old stuff
unless authors actively maintain remove something. If they do not have
interest in a clean CPAN and just leave anything they have dumped into
theyr directory behind, then there is no mechanism in place to clean
up.

This doesn't seem right to me, needs to be dealt with. Thanks for
bringing up the question.

--
andreas