 > I have - but this is the first time I'm sending a module to CPAN -
 > I was not sure of what the best way to do it was, and my goal was
 > to try to get the module on CPAN on a relatively short notice.
 > Perhaps a merging could be considered once the usefulness of the
 > new module has been established ?

That's fine. We do not want to stand in the way for busy people.
Uploading without asking is OK. If the decision on a namespace is
still pending, we can delay registration. Feel free to upload
immediately and visit us later for registration when some people are
using the module and have given you some useful feedback about
namespace, cooperation, etc.

--
andreas