On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:35:38 +0300, in perl.modules you wrote:

> I have installed additional Perl 5.6.1 on my Solaris 8 machine and want to
> use MIME::Base64 and File::Basename modules. But Perl can't find them. Are
> these modules budndled with Perl? Do I need to download them.

File::Basename is bundled with Perl as far as I can tell (it's in the
Perl 5.6.1 distribution, at any rate). MIME::Base64 you will have to
download and install. One possibility is with the CPAN module:

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install MIME::Base64'

, which should "do the right thing"; another is downloading it manually
from your favourite CPAN mirror; look in the directory
authors/id/G/GA/GAAS for a file called MIME-Base64-x.xx.tar.gz (current
version appears to be MIME-Base64-2.12.tar.gz).

> But I can not find MIME::Base64 and File::Basename on www.cpan.org.

Did you try http://search.cpan.org/ ? That may have a more helpful
interface. Or use the CPAN module from the command line:

    perl -MCPAN -e shell

After configuring it, you can type 'm MIME::Base64' to get information
about that module, and 'install MIME::Base64' to install it.

Cheers,
Philip