On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:55:31 +0100, in perl.modules you wrote:

> Hello Philip Newton, in a previous mail you wrote:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] can be slow to answer, though response time seems to be
> > worse than usual at the moment. Please have patience :)
>
> I checked, there were no answers whatsoever, for one month and 10 days,
> i.e., for six weeks!

Yes. Unfortunately, that is not uncommon. Three months is not even that
uncommon. It's a good idea to give a gentle reminder every three weeks
or so, as you did. (I've been waiting for a registration for about two
months now as well.)

> > Also, I believe volunteers to represent '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' are always
> > welcome, so if you want to help speed things up for other people, you
> > could join in ;)
>
> Does that mean I can approve my own request? ;-)

I believe so ;). That was one reason why I, at one point, considered
joining the ranks of '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' voluntarily, but I wasn't sure
whether I had enough CFT to really do the job justice.

I think that different admins have different levels of power -- for
example, I think everyone can register a CPAN ID for a new user, but not
everyone can approve a module, or something like that. I think only
Andreas König can add a module to the Official Module List, but that
might change in the future -- I believe they're re-thinking how things
work and who gets to do what.

Cheers,
Philip