  modid:       Video::DVD::Rip
  DSLIP:       adhOp
  userid:      JRED (Jörn Reder)
  chapterid:   23 (Miscellaneous_Modules)
  communities:

  similar:

  rationale:

    The module is not yet uploaded to CPAN, because I want to discuss
    its name first.

    Video::DVD::Rip consist of two major components:

    1. a low level DVD Ripping API with synchronious and asynchronious
    interfaces. Internally it uses the Open Source tool transcode by
    Thomas Östreich, but encapsulates all its complexity inside a
    simple OO interface.

    2. a Perl Gtk+ based GUI, which uses the low level API. This GUI
    covers the whole ripping process: reading data from DVD, adjusting
    clip and zoom parameters and transcoding the MPEG2 video to DivX or
    other codecs supported by transcode.

    Maybe I build to distributions for each component in the future,
    when the API is stable enough. At first I want to bundle them,
    because maintaining two distributions is a great deal of work, when
    the internal API changes.

    I considered a new root namespace for DVD related stuff (DVD::) but
    then found the Video namespace. I think, creating a DVD namespace
    inside the Video package is ok, so no new root namespace would be
    necessary.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

  enteredby:   JRED (Jörn Reder)
  enteredon:   Wed Nov 21 10:00:37 2001 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Video::DVD::
::Rip             adhOp Lowlevel API for copying DVDs with GUI addon JRED

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=63200000_73f82abf1ba18795&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=63200000_73f82abf1ba18795&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1