Perl Authors Upload Server wrote:
> The following module was proposed for inclusion in the Module List:
>
>   modid:       SENDMAIL
>   DSLIP:       SdpOg

>   similar:
>     Mail-Sendmail
>
>   rationale:
>
>     This module is a good interface for SMTP protocol. This module make
>     possible to flush many mail in one previous estabilshed connection
>     to a specific host.
>
>     This concept is old but not implemented already in others Modules,
>     this is main reason that i created. It tends to be a main reference
>     of Sendmail in Perl and related object in CPAN.

Could please explain a stupid user like me,
what's the difference to Mail::Mailer which is able to send mail
via sendmail, mail and smtp.

In addition, for me, there's a big difference between smtp and sendmail.
sendmail is a typical unix program, while
smtp is an internet protocol.
I hope you won't mix it.

Greetings,
Andrea