From: Andreas J. Koenig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 03 October 2001 16:12
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Module submission PDFREP

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  > The following module was proposed for inclusion in the Module List:

  >   modid:       PDFREP

There is already a PDF:: and a Text::PDF:: namespace for working with
PDF files. Wouldn't it be clever to name the module PDF::ReportWriter
or some such?

You could, of course, keep a PDFREP.pm that cares for backwards
compatibility, but for the module list it would look much better to
put the module into an already existing namespace.

  >   DSLIP:       Rdpfp
  >   userid:      TWIBBLER (Trevor Ward)
  >   chapterid:   23 (Miscellaneous_Modules)
  >   communities:
  >     egroup PDFREP

  >   similar:

  >   rationale:

  >     This module is named PDFREP for the reason it is designed to allow
  >     the creation of business reports directly into a PDF file.

  >     It allows for the creation of the PDF from any platform without
  >     having to use any Adobe software and allows for text and images
  >     (graphs etc) to be output. It works very much like a business report
  >     where the columns are set by using a fixed font and outputting text
  >     with fixed spaces.

  >     It was developed for a large company who's business software is
  >     developed using Intranet technologies and they wanted a reporting
  >     tool which allowed for PDF files to be output from within another
  >     perl program grabbing the data from Oracle.

  >     PDFREP was born to run on Unix and NT.

  >   enteredby:   TWIBBLER (Trevor Ward)
  >   enteredon:   Mon Jul  2 08:06:44 2001 GMT

  > The resulting entry would be:

  > PDFREP            Rdpfp PDF Report Writer / Creator
TWIBBLER

  > Thanks for registering,
  > The Pause Team

  > PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

  > Registration form with editing capabilities:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=a0000000_898f
205c6c7383c2&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
  > Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=a0000000_898f
205c6c7383c2&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1

--
andreas