  modid:       CGI::FormBuilder
  DSLIP:       RdpOa
  userid:      NWIGER (Nathan Wiger)
  chapterid:   15 (World_Wide_Web_HTML_HTTP_CGI)
  communities:
    Much discussion w/i organization, want to estab mail list

  similar:
    None really; many form modules but none do what this does

  rationale:

    This module stands apart from other CGI modules in that it has a
    lot of intelligence builtin. You don't address form fields as
    "checkbox" or "input", but rather just "field". The module takes
    care of deciding what is the best rep for the data, keeping
    multi-value/multi-option forms sticky for you, and rendering the
    entire table for you. A whole form app can be built with nothing
    more than this:

    use CGI::FormBuilder;

    my $form = CGI::FormBuilder->new(method => 'POST', fields =>
    [qw/name email/]);

    if ($form->submitted) { # update our data my $email =
    $form->field('email'); my $name = $form->field('name'); # ... } else
    { print $form->render; }

    You'll get human-readable tags laid out in an HTML table, complete
    with a submit button and hooks for sessionid. It even generates
    compliant JavaScript for form validation automatically.

    This module has really taken off; Andy Wardley just sent me a huge
    patch which is in 1.91 that enables Template Toolkit functionality
    in addition to the HTML::Template functionality that I had already
    builtin. If you need more info please email me. Thanks!

  enteredby:   NWIGER (Nathan Wiger)
  enteredon:   Wed Dec 12 17:30:20 2001 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

CGI::
::FormBuilder     RdpOa Easily generate and process stateful forms   NWIGER

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=08200000_f6025506be740f80&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=08200000_f6025506be740f80&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1