  modid:       Games::Object
  DSLIP:       adpOp
  userid:      PSTEWART (Peter J. Stewart)
  chapterid:   23 (Miscellaneous_Modules)
  communities:
    newsgroups

  similar:
    none known

  rationale:

    My goal is to provide a framework for the design of games in Perl,
    largely of the RPG, strategy, or D&D-like variety. I have done this
    by providing a base class for storage of game data in Perl objects,
    hence Games::Object. This module actually grew out of a project I
    have been working on for the past year. As I recently started to
    reorganize the code to be more modular in design, I realized it
    would be trivial to further CPAN-ize it and see if anyone else could
    use it as well.

    A long-term goal is to provide other modules built atop this that
    allow users to create their own adventure games with minimal
    programming effort, including handling of graphics, text, and basic
    AI.

    I did toy with the idea of registering it as Games::ACS::Object
    (where ACS = Adventure Construction Set), but I tend to prefer
    shorter module names, and there's a chance "ACS" is still considered
    a trademark (there was actually a program by this name some time
    ago, which was the inspiration for this in the first place).

  enteredby:   PSTEWART (Peter J. Stewart)
  enteredon:   Sat Jan 12 21:52:43 2002 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Games::
::Object          adpOp Provide base class for game data objects     PSTEWART

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=42000000_ec737f158931b432&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=42000000_ec737f158931b432&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1