Hello,

  I've been in need of a Perl SASL for a while now to bind to an LDAP
server by Kerberos 4 and 5. The work that Graham Barr started is only good
for the CRAM-MD5 mechanism, and requires people to port new SASL
mechanisms to Perl.  Complex mechanisms like Kerberos will take a while to
port, but are readily available to C programmers.
  So I developed a Perl XS interface to the libsasl.so shared library. I
then contacted Graham Barr and over the last week we've formalized the API
so that programmers may use either of our modules without changing their
Perl code. We've got it working quite well.

  Graham's module is Authen::SASL, and he is expanding it into
Authen::SASL::Perl.  My module will fit into Authen::SASL::Cyrus.

  My full name is Mark Adamson. I don't have a useful homepage for this
context, but will fill one in later. My email address is this account,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I'd take any CPAN userID derived from my name, such as
"adamson", "madamson", "mark", "adamson2".

  Look forward to hearing from you.

-Mark