  DSLIP:       idpOp
  userid:      BRONG (Bron Gondwana)
  chapterid:   19 (Mail_and_Usenet_News)
  communities:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  similar:
    Mail::Audit

  rationale:

    While there are a couple of different modules for filtering emails
    (including Simon's great Mail::Audit, which I currently use), these
    require the user to edit Perl code.

    From the homepage at: http://www.cyrusoft.com/sieve/

    Sieve (now RFC3028) is - well, I'll quote the ABSTRACT:

    [Sieve is] a language for filtering e-mail messages at time of
    final delivery. It is designed to be implementable on either a mail
    client or mail server. It is meant to be extensible, simple, and
    independent of access protocol, mail architecture, and operating
    system. It is suitable for running on a mail server where users may
    not be allowed to execute arbitrary programs, such as on black box
    Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) servers, as it has no
    variables, loops, or ability to shell out to external programs.

    I can't find an implementation in Perl yet, and since my favourite
    Webmail application, Squirrelmail (yes, I know it's in PHP -
    http://www.squirrelmail.org/) now comes with a Sieve filter editor,
    I'd like to be able to use that for filtering my incoming email.

    I imagine I'll be using Mail::Audit for most of the grunt work, and
    something else nice for defining the parser - this module will just
    plug it all together, and come with a 'binary'[tm] which can be
    called as the delivery agent by your friendly MTA, and will do all
    the filtering and mailbox creation on the fly.

  enteredby:   BRONG (Bron Gondwana)
  enteredon:   Sun Mar 10 11:38:27 2002 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Mail::
::Seive           idpOp Sieve Mail-Filtering language from CMU       BRONG

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=2d000000_daca7ff8da4d06d9&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=2d000000_daca7ff8da4d06d9&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1