Disclaimer: I am not a PAUSE admin.

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:14:07 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul Baker)
wrote:

> My reason for writing md5sum-perl is that Mac OS X does not ship with a
> md5sum binary. After spending an hour or so trying to find source code
> for an md5sum binary, I decided to write my own in Perl!

It should be fairly trivial to build something like that with
Digest::MD5, shouldn't it? I imagine a no-brainer replacement might
consist simply of something like

    #!/usr/bin/perl -w

    use strict;
    use Digest::MD5;

    if(@ARGV) {
        for my $file (@ARGV) {
            open FILE, $file or die "Can't open $file: $!";
            binmode FILE;
            print Digest::MD5->new->addfile(*FILE)->hexdigest,
                  " $file\n";
            close FILE;
        }
    } else {
        print Digest::MD5->new->addfile(*STDIN)->hexdigest,
              " -\n";
    }

Cheers,
Philip