  modid:       Lingua::EN::Namegame
  DSLIP:       bdphp
  userid:      YUMPY (Tim Maher)
  chapterid:   11 (String_Lang_Text_Proc)
  communities:
    YAPC::NA::2002, SPUG Meeting 2/19/02

  similar:
    Lingua::EN::Words2Nums, Lingua::EN::Nickname

  rationale:

    Despite its name, this module does not provide a game for a user to
    play. Instead, it converts a Name into a Verse using the technique
    popularized in the song of the 60's called "The Name Game".

    For example, given the input of Jarkko, the name2verse function
    returns:

    Jarkko Jarkko bo Barkko, Banana Fanna Fo Farkko, Fee Fi Mo Markko

    JARKKO!

    The only precedent I can find that generates rhyming text is
    Damian's Coy module, which converts an error message into a verse.

    But that's in a root-level namespace, and I don't want this module
    elevated to that level.

    So I believe it belongs with other modules that convert one textual
    English thingy into another, like Words2Nums and Nickname.

  enteredby:   YUMPY (Tim Maher)
  enteredon:   Sun Dec 22 18:46:10 2002 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

Lingua::EN::
::Namegame        bdphp Converts name to verse as in  Name Game song YUMPY

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=61400000_d91589d2ac1214ab&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=61400000_d91589d2ac1214ab&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1