Hello.

Didn't mean to inflame anyone with the subject, just figured it'd attract
attention.

For a little while now I've been trying to contact the owner of the
NetPacket namespace (Tim Potter) unsuccessfully, as I've enhanced the
functionality of some of his code and added new functionality to other
parts.  I'd like to place my code into CPAN, but would rather do it with
his blessing...and add my enhancements to his code with his blessing as
well.  Unfortounately, he seems to not be around.  What's the best way to
go about doing this?  I don't want to step on anyones toes, but I'd also
like to put code out there for the open source community to use...

I recently have created a couple of new modules:

NetPacket::SpanningTree - Provides Spanning Tree packet encoding/decoding
(including Rapid Spanning Tree)
NetPacket::LLC - Provides Link Layer Control packet encoding/decoding

I've also made enhancements to NetPacket::Ethernet to support 802.1
packet decoding.

I've also got more modules in this namespace that I will be developing
soon...

thanks

chander