Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am writing to request your comments on a module that fits into the
category of sending Network packets in the SMB protocol (Microsoft file
sharing protocol, the protocol used by Samba and Win NT/2000/XP/9x file
servers).

The module is an XS interface to a small subset of the huge number of
functions in the libsmbclient (Samba 2.2.x) library.

They meet my needs of

. sending and receiving SMB packets for Network management applications

. providing a very modest but hopefully expandable alternative to
smbclient (an application that is very hard to script and for which
SMB::Filesystem is a noble attempt to wrap).

Name spaces like

Net::SMB (although it does NetBIOS also)
Net::Samba
Samba

are tentative choices.

Thank you,