In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Michael
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Perl Authors
> >Upload Server <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >>   modid:       Apache::CryptHash

> >> Primarily used for secure cookie string generation and/or session
> >>     identification, cookie based shopping carts, etc...

> >is this something that can only be used with mod_perl?

> Don't recall getting this message. but.... no - sorta.... I suppose you
> could use it with any type of hash, but what would be the point?

[ i might have forgot to CC you on the message --- my fault ]

that is the point!  if we make something useful, people end up using
it in unexpected ways.

if you do not need Apache to use this module, then it does not belong
in the Apache namespace.

the more reuseable you can make your code, the better---even if you
do not see another use for it.

please send all messages back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]