> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Michael
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Bryan wrote:
>
> that's brian.

> > Michael said:
> > >No, they are inter-related. Some individual methods can already be
> > >found in other modules but are used withing CapnMidNite in a manner
> > >that would not be as efficient if the external modules were used
> > >instead.
> >
> > That was a pretty thin answer. More specifically, CapnMidnite implements

Ok, more specifically, the calls to methods "encode" and 'decode"
assume the internal availability to all the module's methods.

>From the XS comments

# call as:
#       new_md5         md5 only
#       new_rc4         rc4 setup
#       new_md5_rc4     md5+rc4 setup
#       new_crypt       rc4 setup, + hash, rot setup
#       new_md5_crypt   md5+rc4 setup, + hash, rot setup
#       decode          md5+rc4 setup, + hash, rot setup + decrypt

The methods md5 and rc4 are usable, but are incidental to the true
purpose of the module which is to provide the last 4 functions +
method 'license' . These all use numerous internal calls to various
internal pieces of md5 and rc4. Specifically:
init_md5, prep_key,init_hash_xy,MD5Update,MD5Final

These internal method calls are needed to implement the mentioned
methods would not be easily exportable in perl since C structure
pointers are being passed around.

MD5 already exists so implementing another is not what I had in mind.
I could do an RC4 module, I suppose, but it would still be needed
in its current form for use within this module as is md5 and its
internal structures.

How about some constructive suggestions or pointers..... I don't want
to destroy the functionality for the sake of namespace and would like
to get this registered in some fashion so that modules that use it
can find it in CPAN.

Michael