  modid:       HDB
  DSLIP:       RmpOg
  userid:      GMPASSOS (Gaciliano Monteiro Passos)
  chapterid:    7 (Database_Interfaces)
  communities:
    hdb.sf.net

  similar:
    doesn't exist

  rationale:

    I know that this is for a root module, but this need to be
    independent of other module, and have a concept different.

    HDB is an alternative to DBI. The idea is to have a interface to
    databases that is independent of the database type. You can use
    Mysql, Oracle, SQLite, and any other type of database, but you don't
    need to know what DB you are using. You just work with HDB, and all
    the convertions of SQL syntax and use of resources that one DB has
    and other not is made automatically. Other thing about the module is
    that you only need to know Perl to use it, you don't need to learn
    SQL (or how each DB work with SQL), and everything is based on Perl
    syntax and commands, inclusing the querys to the DB.

    For example, I develope a site with HDB, and I test it in my Win2k
    desktop, using HDB::SQLite, but when I send to the server (Linux) it
    works with HDB::Mysql, the only thing that I change is in the
    HDB->new(type=>'sqlite'...) to HDB->new(type=>'mysql'...). HDB make
    all the convertions of types of columns, and resources.

    The module is in test stage (during 30 days). I want to test it a
    lot before publish, and I think that now the 1.0 version is stable.

  enteredby:   GMPASSOS (Gaciliano Monteiro Passos)
  enteredon:   Wed Jan 29 14:11:43 2003 GMT

The resulting entry would be:

HDB               RmpOg Hybrid DataBase                              GMPASSOS

Thanks for registering,
The Pause Team

PS: The following links are only valid for module list maintainers:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=d3200000_2c93f9e77c09c52f&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_preview=1
Immediate (one click) registration:

https://pause.perl.org/pause/authenquery?ACTION=add_mod&USERID=d3200000_2c93f9e77c09c52f&SUBMIT_pause99_add_mod_insertit=1