On Saturday 15 February 2003 19:00 it appears that Perl Authors Upload
Server wrote:
>   modid:       DBX
>   DSLIP:       adpOp
>   similar:
>     DBI, DBIx::Simple
>
>   rationale:
>
>     DBIx::Simple was taken and DBI:: is reserved.
> The resulting entry would be:
>
> DBX               adpOp Simplified access to the DBI
> BATKINS

The DBI namespace is reserved for the DBI itself, the DBIx namespace is
intended for extensions to the DBI.
I suggest that you find an appropiate name in the DBIx namespace, that will
aid your intended users in finding your module.
I have always felt that DBIx::Simple isn't so simple (one mans simple is
anothers complicated), so could you find something more descriptive.

Discussions of DBI related matters ought to take place on the dbi-users
mail-list (you can find it on http://lists.perl.org).

--
Henrik