On måndag, mar 24, 2003, at 17:13 Europe/Stockholm, D. Hageman wrote:

I would agree that the CUPS API floats among several categories. The
reason why Net seems like the most appropriate place for such a module is
that:

1) Net::LPR is already a registered module and Net::CUPS is very similar
to that in that it provides the same functionality, but is restricted to
the CUPS software package.
2) Eventually I would like to reveal the IPP C API of cups with this
module - it just isn't on the todo list for next week.
3) The difference between working with a remote CUPS sever and a local one
is nill with the C API. Communication is done the same way.

Any suggestions for a more appropriate namespace is definately
appreciated.

1) A bad decision doesn't excuse a new one, besides I thought LPR is an actual protocol?

2) Yes, and that could be Net::IPP

3) Yes, but even if it wasn't would Local::CUPS be a better name?

I can't find a better suited place that exists, maybe it should be time to introduce Printing::CUPS ?

If no one else thinks a new namespace is a good thing, then I guess we skip it. So no responses in a few days and I will ok Net::CUPS.

Arthur