Hi and welcome to The Straight Dope Mailing List, a weekly
bulletin from Straight Dope World HQ. We've got several
departments, including Cecil's current weekly column, Straight
Dope classics, staff reports by the Straight Dope Science
Advisory Board, the latest from Weird Earl's, and whatever
else we feel like throwing in. The mailing will offer a
sampling of what's new at the Straight Dope this week and
provide links so you can get the full text for any item that
interests you.

Should you ever decide you'd like to leave the list,
unsubscribe instructions will be included in every mailing
we send to you.  In addition, there will be a link at our
website at http://www.straightdope.com where you can change
your email address, put your account on hold, or unsubscribe.

We put together a mailing every Friday (usually) and our
friends at jokeaday.com send it out for free. Help us maintain
this attractive financial arrangement by visiting
www.jokeaday.com and saying what a nice site they have, how
handsome Ray (the proprietor) looks today, etc. We know we
can count on you.

Thanks for joining us!