On Mar 3, 2011, at 23:27, brian d foy wrote:

> In article <87ipw3jnxl....@franz.ak.mind.de>, (Andreas J. Koenig)
> <andreas.koenig.7os6v...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
>>
>> Objection! Bundle:: and Task:: both have their merits. A Bundle can
>> determine the order in which the objects get installed. ...
>
> Point taken. Have you found use cases where th order  matters though?

Order matters as a function of bundle size.  Every time I install an autobundle
snapshot, it ends up redundantly installing dependencies.  They'll be prepended
to queues, then installed again when it's their turn in the bundle.

I've written a short hack to using CPANDB and Graph::Directed to install
bundles in optimal orders.  It's made setting up perlbrew installs a bit more
pleasant: https://github.com/rcaputo/bundlefly

--
Rocco Caputo - rcap...@pobox.com