Guys,

(If this is the wrong venue for this question, just let me know where
a better one is and I will move the question there.)

Short version:I discovered that test emails sent to baref...@cpan.org
were bouncing back to me, and then I realized that PAUSE was set to
forward to "neither nor" my public nor private address.  So I changed
it to forward to the private one (I don't even have a public one set).
 Now, test emails no longer bounce ... but I don't actually receive
them either.

Long version:

I applied for a PAUSE account ages ago and got it.  I never received
any emails sent to baref...@cpan.org, but then I never did anything
that I thought would generate any such email, so I never thought twice
about it.  Recently (Apr 3) I uploaded my first ever CPAN module.  I
got one notification from PAUSE directly to this email (that I'm
currently sending from), which is what PAUSE has for my "private"
address.  But I never received anything sent to the cpan.org address.
I thought at least that the CPAN testers reports would get sent there.
 After a while of not receiving anything, I decided to send a test
email.  It bounced.

I went to PAUSE and checked my account.  My public email was
"CENSORED".  My private address was this email.  My forwarding was set
to "neither nor".  Well, that's obviously wrong, so I changed it to
"secret" instead.  Still a test email bounced.  Went back to the PAUSE
account and realized that my changes were not saved because "CENSORED"
was not a valid email address.  Hmphers.  Blanked that out, set
forwarding to "secret" again, and changes were saved successfully this
time.

Now if I send a test email to baref...@cpan.org, it doesn't bounce.
Neither is it delivered.  It just goes ... away somewhere. :)

Am I doing something wrong, or is something misconfigured somewhere?
(Not that those are mutually exclusive, I suppose.)  TIA for any help.

            -- Buddy (barefootcoder)