Thanks brian,

I read through the guide and decided that I might change my modules
from

Copy::GenericServiceProviderCopy
Copy::LocalFileOp
SharePoint::SPSOAP

CopyTree::VendorProof
CopyTree::VendorProof::LocalFileOp
SharePoint::SOAPHandler

For the sake of clarifying what my modules do.

To explain by example, if I needed to copy /home/user/dir1 into Shared
Documents/somefolder/ on SharePoint, I will need to

1) create the Copy object
my $copytreeobj = CopyTree::VendorProof ->new;

2) create the local file operation object
my $localobj = CopyTree::VendorProof->new;

3) create the remote (sharepoint) file operation object
my $spobj = SharePoint::SOAPHandler ->new;

4) define items 2) and 3) as source / destination of the Copy object

$copytreeobj ->src('/home/user/dir1', $localobj);
$copytreeobj -> dst ('Shared Documents/somefolder', $spobj);

5) complete the copy
$copytreeobj ->cp();

CopyTree::VendorProof will provide a non protocol specific object with
methods for recursive copy, while CopyTree::VendorProof::LocalFileOp
and SharePoint::SOAPHandler will provide protocol specific objects
with methods for single file retrieval, single file post, single file
delete, single directory create and delete, and file and directory
tests.

The protocol specific objects will have CopyTree::VendorProof in their
@ISA

Anyone will be able to extend this module by writing protocol specific
parts; for example, if John has a serial device with files he wants to
transfer, he could write
CopyTree::VendorProof::SerialDeviceFromSomeVendor, which will
establish an object with the same set of methods as
CopyTree::VendorProof::LocalFileOp

With the same method names, he will be able to copy files from his
obscure serial device to the local file system, or to SharePoint, or
any new service that will be sure to surface in the future.

Why doesn't SharePoint::SOAPHandler go under CopyTree::VendorProof?
It stands on its own because it may possibly provide more functions
that are not related to file copying.

I thank you again for any recommendations or suggestions.

PS thanks for your input brian.  I have 3 of your perl books and I
definitely read the first two a couple of times.  Obviously how much I
take home is an entirely different discussion.