On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 12:45:42PM -0700, Jim Bacon wrote:
> I agree that just because a module uses Moose it doesn't mean it should be
> in the Moose or MooseX namespace, that was never the issue.

It also shouldn't be in the ::Moose pseuod-namespace. To summarise what
I'm saying below in case of tl;dr;

Either (a) document the use of Moose or (b) use Moo. Don't pollute the
module name.

The naming convention for modules using Moose is "don't put it in the name".

> However, I don't think it is wrong to let people know that Moose is involved

I don't think it is either.

As I said already,

  http://metacpan.org/module/Name::Of::Module

shows dependencies so people should already know.

As I said already, I have no argument against you documenting it.

It's just silly to put it in the name.

> since the first time you install such a module on an older platform (and
> there are some hosting sites that still run 5.8.8) you are in for a
> surprise. The newest version of perl I have seen on the hosting sites I deal
> with is 5.10.1 and they do not have a full install of the MooseX stuff. Yes,
> the end user will installing missing modules into their own directories, but
> it is time consuming.

I run:

  curl -L cpanmin.us | perl - -l$HOME/perl5 Moose

and then go for a coffee.

But, as I say, if you're worried about that, I wrote Moo to provide an
alternative choice that still gives Moose users all the advantages.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst