On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 10:25:04PM +0000, Neil Bowers wrote:
> Dear PAUSE Admins,
>
> Can you give me co-maint on String::Parity please?
>
> I first emailed the author (WINKO) on 16th February this year, but her CPAN
> email address bounces. I tracked down another email address, but haven't had
> a response from that.

I can't find the cc to modules@ for that email.

Unsure why you think WINKO is female, Winfried is IME usually a male name,
and a random sample of "Mithaldu, because he's german and was online" also
considered it to be male.

> The module was last released in 1996, so I suspect that WINKO has moved on. I
> would fix the module's pod abstract, make it 'CPANTS clean', list the github
> repo in the metadata, etc.

Also released a different module in 2003.

I can't find anything on the internet bar a 2000 paper about automotive
systems and some subsequent patents, and I have no way of telling if it's
the same person.

Right. My opinion is (a) that there's no reason not to give you co-maint
(b) since I've just done the basic due diligence that should've been in
the original email, I'm not comfortable being the person doing so.

Can somebody else please click the button to give NEILB co-maint?

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/