Matt S Trout wrote:
On Sat, May 03, 2014 at 03:01:53PM -0700, Linda W wrote:
The namespace has been available for the asking for the past several
years if anyone wanted it, yet no one bothered to ask the accidental
holder of this namespace if they meant to use it (they didn't).

If that means the existing user of the namespace is responding to you,
then this isn't a matter for modules@perl.org to address.
----
   What wasn't clear was that the namespace became inhabited by virtue
of a 'demo' for a complete different purpose.  When the current
maintainer tried to make sure 'demo' was no longer in the target
namespace, there was some belief or hope that this was sufficient
to allow re-use of the namespace, neither of us understood why this
wasn't the case or needing to officially turn over the namespace
that had been accidently "taken" in the first place.
   Complicating the issue is that the current maintainer isn't the
primary maintainer and that we need to wait for him to reply and
act upon the change to go forward.  Whether he's around or not is
not yet clear, as he was only sent details about this earlier today.

   It had been a month and a half after my last contact with the current
maintainer who thought he'd "solved the problem" by making the demo
module 'not index', so it's a matter of some newer people not knowing
what needs to be done to make it happen, more than a lack of communication
issue.

   Thankfully, David G. explained matters a bit more and assisted in
putting the right parties in touch (we hope...a bit too early to tell).
I started this process and inquiry about 6 months ago, so it's not like
anyone's been pushing or expecting overnight results, just making sure
the right people have been (or have gotten) involved.

After all, if we policed people's social skills and opinions then you
probably wouldn't have a PAUSE account and neither would I.
---
   Only the politically and socially adept would be likely to, and more
often than not, such people don't have the same level of expertise
in engineering/technology.  Some do, but the more one gets along 'well' with
computers, the more likely it is that differences between computers and
people will be an issue.  (Broad statements!)

   Thanks for the response...