On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 03:10:10PM -0500, Jason Mitchell wrote:
> Hello,  I wanted to let you know that your site has some open directories
> that shouldn't be open.
>
> I accidentally accessed some technical files listed on google.
>
> The open directory starts on http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RUBYKAT/
>
> This is particularly not the type of thing to have out in the open
> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RUBYKAT/SQLite-Work-0.16/scripts/

Those files are open source code retrievable by many other approaches,
published intentionally, for that purpose.

Letting people download them individually over HTTP is a feature!

We want these files to be out in the open, providing access to them is what
CPAN was built for.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/