On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 04:41:56AM -0700, Nick Tonkin wrote:
> Where user BEWUETHER has uploaded four versions of a completely useless
> dummy module, to "test" PAUSE functionality.

I suspect he's working through brian d foy's book which walks you through
this process in order to learn how to use PAUSE.

> Notwithstanding that he placed it in Acme:: ... I feel this is a compete
> waste and abuse of an important public resource. CPAN being cluttered with
> garbage is its one and only serious negative characteristic IMO.

I'm more interested in people being able to learn how to upload things so
they can contribute than I am in avoiding clutter.

One person's garbage is another person's favourite utility module; much though
the quality of CPAN is highly variable, attempting to forcibly curate it would
I think cause more problems than it would solve.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/