It's a dev release, so it doesn't get you any permissions.

The error here is that somehow you uploaded a tarball without the version
in the name, so PAUSE didn't realise it didn't need to index it.

Given EUMM's 'make dist' should've created it as Model3D-Poser-0.00_01.tar.gz
I'm really not sure how you ended up uploading Model3D-Poser.tgz instead,
but that's what caused the confusion.

A dev release with the right name wouldn't index at all. A non-dev (i.e.
no _) release with the right name would index fine.

Hope that clarifies what happened.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/